Most financial advisors know very little about search engine optimization, and their websites reflect it. Luckily Mike Byrnes of Byrnes Consulting is working to change that. In a recent article for his Social Business Blog on Financial Advisor magazine’s website, Byrnes interviewed SEO4Advisors founder Brien Shanahan to provide 8 SEO tips to help financial advisors get found on the Web.
Shanahan presented alongside Marie Swift, founder of Impact Communications, at NAPFA’s 2011 Practice Management and Investments conference in October 2011. In his presentation, Shanahan outlined how advisors can use SEO to gain automatic referrals from search engines and then use video marketing to engage the new prospects and clients.
Some of Shanahan’s SEO tips from the NAPFA presentation are highlighted in Byrnes’ article, including:
- How advisors should structure web page titles.
- How to write effective Meta descriptions that appeal to both search engines and Web searchers.
- How to use text formatting like bold and bullets to strengthen on-page SEO.
- How to create SEO-friendly URLs.
- How to effectively target the keywords prospects are searching for.
- Why Local SEO is so important and how to optimize for your region.
- The importance of inbound links and how to get them.
- How web analytics can help strengthen your SEO and online marketing plans.
See the full article, titled “Increase the Chances of Prospects Finding You” on Mike Byrnes’ Social Business Blog at FA-mag.com.