Avoid These Common Financial Advisor SEO Mistakes
Since I started working with financial advisors in 2007, I’ve seen a lot of advisor websites. And many of them suffer from the same basic search engine optimization (SEO) mistakes that prevent them from getting found on the Web by prospects. These mistakes include missing Meta data, repeated page titles, framed content that’s invisible to search engines, unproductive “splash” pages, dead links, and no keyword targeting strategy or analytics tracking.
See Our Recorded Financial Advisor SEO Mistakes Webinar And Start Gaining Prospects From The Web
In a webinar hosted by BrightTalk, “Most Common SEO Mistakes By Financial Advisors,” I simplified the SEO mystery for advisors and offered clear solutions to the most common financial financial advisor SEO mistakes. Check out the recording below to learn where your website is failing in SEO and to learn about free tools that can help you analyze your SEO and spy on your competition.
In this 45-minute webinar, you’ll learn:
- What types of websites are nearly invisible to search engines
- Are “splash” pages a good idea?
- How to see if your site has page titles and meta descriptions
- Why your competitors rank higher than you in Google
- How to see what sites link to your competitors
- What SEO tools can help you spy on competitors and optimize your site
- The importance of keyword research and how to do it
- The anatomy of a well-optimized web page
- What to watch out for when outsourcing your SEO
You can watch the Financial Advisor SEO Mistakes Webinar right here or on Brighttalk’s website. And please be sure to rate it so we learn if you like it.
Brien Shanahan is founder of SEO4Advisors, a boutique search engine optimization company dedicated to helping financial advisors and other professionals gain new business from the Web. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (516) 554-0126.